No gentle clip clop of horses’ hooves here – the sound most predominant in the summer months is of the screams of those who dare mount the Free Fall Tower 60 m2 drop in Tivoli World’s amusement park!
Benalmadena offers a huge variety of activities which is why it is not just a popular holiday destination but chosen by many as a place to live. Activities and facilities include:-
- Tivoli World Amusement Park – don’t miss the Passage of Terror, or the Free Fall Tower!
- The Cable Car, which includes Equestrian (horse) shows, Falconry and during the summer months the Planetarium.
- Selwo Marina with its Sea Lion and Dolphin Shows.
- The Indoor all year round heated Municipal Swimming pool and for those who prefer the cold the Ice Skating Rink.
- La Paloma Park – a beautiful large park with ponds, cacti and peacocks, excellent for picnics, and for when you want to rest, its 3 café/bars. Los Chiringuitos – Sea food restaurants located on the beach specialising in sea food – ask us for our recommendations.
- 24 Hour Square – with its bars and restaurants mostly for the younger age group.
- Trekking – there are lots of designated walk paths for those who enjoy trekking.
- Sea Life Centre, Aquarium.
- The Port/Marina (La Puerta Marina) – take a walk to see the boats and yachts in its harbour, or go at night to dance the night away in one of its many discos.
- Ferry running from The Port to Fuengirola.
- Dolphin or Chinese Junk Trip – with the option to partake of the midnight cruise with champagne.
- Torrequebrada Hotel and Casino with its excellent live shows;
- Or enjoy a round of golf at Torrequebrada Golf Course.
- And don’t forget the beach, with its parasailing, water ski-ing, swimming, or simply soaking up the sun.
Benalmadena has it all!